- This event has passed.
IBU Lunch & Learn – 7 Things Every Funder Will Want To Know
May 22nd | 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+0
Whilst the national restrictions are in place, we will introduce a number of additional online activities so grab your plate and join us for our weekly IBU Lunch & Learn each Friday at 1PM.
This week we have Rachael Palmer and Robin Pharoah with “7 Things Every Funder Will Want To Know”.
In this session, Rachael and Robin will cover 7 pieces of info grant funders want from your application. Understanding Local Authority priorities & structuring proposals to meet them.
This session will cover:
- Racheal Palmer of Black Maven CIC will take us through the 7 (and a half) things every grant funder will want to know! This will give you a basic template of what every funder will ask, or want to know (even if they don’t ask!) as we look at the key questions that lay the foundations of every successful application form.
- What are the Local Authority priorities? Who you might be dealing with when submitting a proposal. Robin Pharoah of Encounter Consulting will give a perspective on how to understand Local Authority priorities and structuring proposals to meet them.
This session is ideal:
– for start-ups, entrepreneurs and non-profits.
Rachael Palmer has almost 20 years experience of working in the Voluntary & Community Sector across Project & Resource Management, Event co-ordination, Youth Work, Community Development and more! Rachael is passionate about not for profit organisations & community businesses becoming sustainable as they are being asked to deliver more services with less resources. Rachael has successfully fundraised for projects ranging from youth work, community gardens, support for older people and volunteering.
Robin Pharoah can be considered one of the early pioneers of the use of anthropological thought and ethnographic research for research and innovation in the UK. He has founded a multiple award-winning research agency, worked across all sectors with multi-nationals, governments and the 3rd sector, and has recognised expertise in understanding Chinese culture and consumers, as well as working with ‘hard to reach’ populations locally and internationally to uncover new insights.
Friday Lunch is open to all our members, including Connect. Replays are available for those who are unable to make the live sessions.
Join our Connect Membership here.
Members, please check your emails for the links to connect to the “Office Hours” and learning streams.
If you’d like to be part of our programme of activities by running a 30-45 minute workshop/ talk to the Impact Brixton community please contact us at email@example.com and also let us know what topics you’d like to see us run and we’ll do our best to fulfil your requests.
Impact Brixton Team
- May 22nd
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+0
- Event Categories:
- Business Helpdesk, IBU, Workshops & Talks
- Event Tags:
- Black Maven CIC, BlackMaven, business helpdesk, Co-Working From Home, Encounter Consulting, Funding, IB Online, IBU, Impact Brixton, Local Authority funding, Lunch and Learn, Quarantine, Rachael Palmer, Robin Pharoah, Stay Connected, Virtual Networking
- Impact Brixton
Pop Brixton 49 Brixton Station Road, London, SW9 8PQ
London, SW9 8PQ GB
- Impact Brixton